Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Arman and Melur Show


Wow! It’s been a while since I last posted an article to this blog. I’ve been really busy with QuickSchools, and haven’t had a chance to step back. As I mentioned in my personal blog, we did make it to the 1000 Islands Port of Entry, and did our Landing (still waiting for our PR cards). But we forgot to bring our camera. And the trip itself was relatively uneventful. The following week, we got our new Social Insurance Number (SIN), and the week after that, we applied for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). And just last week, we had our trip to the dentist, and everyone’s cavity-free.

Anyway, for today’s post, I wanted to talk about this past weekend as well. I wanted to get Melur passionate about something. Arman has his Chess Club. Melur doesn’t have anything that she’s really interested in pursuing. So I’m attempting to get her interested in computers, maybe broadcasting, or multimedia. She loves this show called i-Carly, and I convinced her to start her own little web show.

We spent Sunday looking for a camera. We got the Ultra Flip HD from CostCo (it seemed pretty cheap). I was reading reviews for the original Ultra Flip camera, and its simple interface is actually ideal for kids. Getting it in HD was just a big plus. After getting the camera back home, we proceeded to do our first web show (with 2 episodes). I set up a YouYube account for Melur. You can check out her first web show below. Do subscribe, if you’re on YouTube.


I think it worked. Melur, AND Arman, are both looking forward to their next show. It’ll be a weekly thing, I hope. I’m hoping to teach them about planning, and broadcasting, and all that good stuff. Maybe Melur will be the next i-Carly. And when we go on family trips, I can get Melur to cover the story. I wish them the best of luck.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

From a technically challenged Aunt... how do you subscribe..???

Anonymous said...

i actually enjoy your writing style, very charming.
don't give up and also keep penning as it simply well worth to read it.
excited to read alot more of your own articles, goodbye :)