Saturday, October 13, 2007

Eid Mubarak


Today is Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Daddy went to pray with the boys at the mosque, and when Daddy got back, we celebrated Raya “Old School” at our home. Mommy prepared some delicious Malay cuisine, namely, Rendang and Nasi Impit. Mmmm…. Yummy…

Before I continue, let me just say, we took some awesome pictures and videos on this day, but we lost them when I suddenly had to reformat my hard drive due to an OS failure… Hopefully, it won’t happen again. Maybe I need a new computer?

UPDATED: I forgot that this video was already uploaded on you tube. Hurray!!! Check it out:


Before eating, we did our customary round of forgiving, cause that’s what we usually do the morning of Eid. We also gave the kids some Duit Raya. After that, it was on to the food. The food Mommy prepared was great. And just like last year, Daddy bought some Danish butter cookies to mimic Malaysian “Kuih Raya”.

UPDATED: We found more videos. After our feast, we started our customary tradition of forgiveness:





And that’s how we spent out modest Eid in Vancouver. Later in the day, I also took a video of the kids singing ABC. They love to sing. But unfortunately again, that video is lost forever.

To everyone who read this:

Selamat Hari Raya
Maaf Zahir & Batin


No comments: