Friday, January 4, 2008

It’s BBQ Time


Barbeque at my Mom’s place has always been famous amongst family. My mom’s BBQ recipe is TO… DIE… FOR… **pause** really! It’s home prepared by my Mom (Nenek Rahmah) and home barbequed by my Dad (Atuk Kandan), with a little dash of tender loving care. And my mom’s house has always been big enough to entertain our large extended family. It was one of the few things we look forward to coming back from Vancouver. Check out the Buffet Spread!


It was a good evening to be with family. I think everybody from Daddy’s side of the family was there. The mood was festive, with every age group accounted for.



Above, you see Daddy’s many Aunties (plus one cousin in the middle). We’re also expecting a new addition to the family in the coming months, a new cousin to Melur and Arman. I wonder if it’ll be a boy or a girl.


I wonder what the kids were doing all this time, aside from eating food. I’m sure Melur is off playing with her cousins and younger aunties. Arman on the other hand, is a little solo.

On the right, he's trying to play with one of Nenek's many cats. Arman loves cats. Too bad our house on UBC campus doesn't allow cats. Maybe if we get another place that allows cats.

We tried taking pictures with Arman, but he kept making a scrunched up face. Buruk laa, Maman. You know you want to manja with Mommy and Daddy. What’s up with that?



Anyway, we had a great time with family. Daddy’s only here in Malaysia for another week or so. I wonder when we’ll get another taste home after returning to Vancouver.

It’s great to be back!

No comments: