Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Picking Up Melur



I was pretty affected by the news of my aunts passing in Malaysia, so much so that I took the day off today to reflect and offer some prayer for her. With a little more time on my hands, I decided to take Melur to school using the local bike trail.


I picked Melur up from school a little early, and was able to observe her in her element – Kinderclub. I vaguely remember my kindergarten years in East Lansing, Michigan. I attended Red Cedar School, and my teacher was Mrs. Ringer. I used to be so shy, and never really spoke up in class. But I did have friends from the neighbourhood that I played with, kind of like Acadia Park. That was my childhood. I stuck around at Kinderclub until Melur finished her activities. And then, we took the bike trail back home.


Seeing Melur play with her friends, so young and so full of energy, it kind of reminds me that life goes on. My heartfelt condolences go to my family in Malaysia, and all my aunts and uncles (and their families) who are even more deeply affected by this most traumatic experience.


Nenek Rahmah wrote a short article about her sister’s passing, which is posted on one of her students’ blog sites – AZLY RAHMAN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! you guys take the bike to school? wow...