Saturday, April 26, 2008

Trail Biking



I had so much fun today with the kids. It’s Saturday, and I’ve been psyching up the kids for a bike ride through the local trails. Daddy bought a new mountain bike this past Wednesday (though I only got it home on Thursday). And I’m anxious to try it out on rough terrain. Here’s a picture of my bike, which I posted, on Facebook.

Anyway, we left the house around noon, while Mommy and Nenek stayed at home. We were armed with just our bikes, our helmets, a bottle of water, and a granola bar each. The trail starts just across the street on Acadia Road, and we headed south along the trails towards 16th Street. Half way down, we stopped for our snack. The trail was awesome, and the scenery was breathtaking. The tall trees shot straight up toward the sky, it’s canopy providing a nice shade for us and other pedestrians we encounter along the way.

The people we met along the way were very friendly. Some stopped to chat with us for a while. The kids and I were so exhilarated from the ride, that we just couldn’t contain our excitement.


Once we arrived at 16th Street (we live close to 10th Street, so it’s technically only 6 blocks down), we picked up some maps and headed back home. Melur got tired as we arrived close to home – She got cranky. But Arman was such a trooper. He just went on and on and on. I was quite surprised that the kids were able to maneuver through the rough terrain with their bike. I’ll definitely take them again next weekend if it doesn’t rain.


I think we’re getting close to the age when Daddy can start doing more and more things with the kids. Melur recently started playing tennis at school – another sport I’d love to play with my kids. Daddy’s looking forward to many fun days ahead this summer.

I wonder what sports the kids should take up. So many choices…


No comments: