Sunday, March 18, 2007

Home Made Apple Pie



Home Made Apple Pie HOT from the oven

Melur loves apple pie. Sometimes she'll ask me to bake for her when she feels that I haven't made one in a while. I try to make them for the family at least once a month. We usually have them after dinner with ice-cream, either vanilla, maple-walnut, or any ice-cream thats plain-flavored. Melur is usually most appreciative. The last time I baked one she told me..."thank you Mommy for making this for me." Awww.... how can you not want to bake pies all day all night for Melur...

Arman, on the other hand, is more of an ice-cream person. He'll eat the ice-cream first, and will only touch his pie when we say that he won't get anymore later until he finishes his plate. But at least he'll put his empty plate in the kitchen sink without us having to remind him... at least most of the time.


Arman & Melur enjoying Home Made Apple Pie

By the way, I got the apple pie recipe from my favorite Betty Crocker cookbook. Yes, the same place I got the recipe for our annual turkey dinner. I think it is quite easy to make, you can give it a try if you like. For those adventurous, here's the link.


Mommy is a Princess, Papa is Yummy

Try it. One reminder though is that I use green apples and not red ones, since green apples are tart not sweet. This tastes better if you eat the pies with ice-cream later one.


SLUUUUUURRRRPPPPPP.... Can I have some more, please?

No comments: